Sunday 21 August 2011

Edinburgh Fringe 2011 summary

So I thought that while watching Three @ The Fringe on catch-up was the perfect time to post my round-up of the Fringe. As promised this is the shows I saw in the order I would recommend which should help to overcome the confusion of my previous posts where I kept forgetting what I saw...

1. Thom Tuck Goes Straight to DVD at the Pleasance Dome
2. Humphrey Ker is Dymock Watson the Nazi Smasher at Pleasance Courtyard
3. Minute after Midday at the Gilded Balloon (the only serious theatre in my top 5)
4. Rock the Ballet at the Assembly
5. Spank! at the Underbelly
6. Frisky and Mannish at the Udderbelly
7. NewsRevue at the Pleasance Courtyard
8. Fresher the Musical at the Pleasance Dome
9. Street Dreams at the Underbelly
10. The Horne Section at Assembly George Square
11. Translunar Paradise at the Pleasance Dome
12. Improverts at the Bedlam
13. David Reed Shamble House at the Pleasance Courtyard
14. Dead Cat Bounce at the Pleasance Courtyard
15. Showstopper the Musical at the Gilded Balloon
16. Pollyanna meets Piaf at the Space Surgeon's Hall
17. You Want Me to Do What? at C venue at ECA
18. Peeling PVA Happier Mache at Just the Tonic

Other must do things at the Fringe are:
Sushi at Bonsai
Sausage and Mash at Mums
Bagel at Elephants and Bagel
Drink at the Udderbelly Pasture
and of course catch-up with all my friends that are still lucky enough to live up there...

Hope you enjoy what's left of the Fringe and I'm looking forward to next year...

2 comments:

  1. To validate this both Thom Tuck and Humphrey Ker have been nominated in the 'Best newcomer' category in the 2011 Fosters comedy awards so you should really try and see them if they have any tickets left...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and for anyone that doesn't keep up Humphrey Ker won best newcomer, very well deserved...

    ReplyDelete